Position Title: CARPENTER
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$35.00 per hour
Additional pay: Overtime pay
•Extended health care
•Sponsorship for furthering education or training courses
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
GT Mann is an award-winning Victoria-based residential and commercial builder that is growing our team! Our projects range from true high-end, marquee homes that are future landmarks in Victoria to condominium and townhouse projects all around the southern Island. With a large and varied portfolio of work upcoming, and a steadily increasing presence on the island, GT Mann is looking to grow our team and set the stage for our next busy period.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who shares our core values:
- Driven – You are hardworking, have a go-getter attitude, and can get things done.
- Positive – You have a lot of positive energy, you are optimistic, and always find the bright-side in any situation.
- Customer focused – You do what is best for the customer and are always figuring out ways to deliver the most value to them.
- Team oriented – You are dedicated and actively contribute to the team.
The Construction Carpenter will build, erect, install, and repair forms, structures, and other fixtures made from wood and other materials as needed to assist with various types of construction projects. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
- High school diploma is an asset
- Completion of carpentry apprenticeship program
- 4 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- Working knowledge on safe use of all carpentry related power tools is a must.
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings and sketches
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.