Position Title: Foreperson
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$38.00 per hour
Additional pay: Overtime pay
•Extended health care
•Sponsorship for furthering education or training courses
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
GT Mann is an award-winning Victoria-based residential and commercial builder that is growing our team! Our projects range from true high-end, marquee homes that are future landmarks in Victoria to condominium and townhouse projects all around the southern Island. With a large and varied portfolio of work upcoming, and a steadily increasing presence on the island, GT Mann is looking to grow our team and set the stage for our next busy period.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who shares our core values:
- Driven – You are hardworking, have a go-getter attitude, and can get things done.
- Positive – You have a lot of positive energy, you are optimistic, and always find the bright-side in any situation.
- Customer focused – You do what is best for the customer and are always figuring out ways to deliver the most value to them.
- Team oriented – You are dedicated and actively contribute to the team.
A Foreperson is responsible for ensuring that everything goes smoothly at a construction site. They are responsible for being the point of contact between the construction workers and supervisors. This includes managing construction crews and sub trades, inspecting work and progress, and resolving and/or escalating issues as required to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Additionally, the Foreperson is constantly looking for opportunities to improve on the delivery and customer experience of GT Mann projects
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Red Seal Certification
- Current fall protection Certification is an asset
- OFA Level 1 certification is an asset
- 5 years of experience in construction environment
- Experience in concrete forming, framing, interior and exterior finishing assemblies.
- Ability to work in high-stress conditions and quickly changing environments
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulation and industry best practices
- Advance knowledge of the construction industry and processes
- Ability to read, comprehend and communicate construction drawings and blueprints effectively.
- Understanding of mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems civil, roofing and envelope.
- Point out corrections or more efficient ways to complete the same objective.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Clean Driver’s abstract
- Ability to work in all weather
- Works closely with the Site Supervisor through regular 1:1’s and project meetings (kickoff, post-mortem etc.) to hit project targets.
- Trains and generally manages all employees on site.
- Monitors performance of sub-contractors and staff.
- Tracks work progress through daily site reports, weekly logs, timesheet approval etc.
- Allocates and schedules resources, materials, sub-contractors, and other staff.
- Performs quality checks on construction equipment and project quality.
- Reports project progress to the Site Supervisor.
- Coordinates tasks according to priorities and plans.
- Supervises the use of machinery and equipment.
- Tracks / orders material as needed in accordance with schedule and estimate.
- Ensures staff have the necessary tools and equipment to efficiently complete their tasks.
- Follows First aid and safety measures on site and have weekly meetings / training with personal on site as guided by Site Supervisor.
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy work environment by adhering to and enforcing safety codes, procedures, and complying with legal regulations. This includes holding safety meetings and site orientations.
- Keeps detailed records of construction site activities.