Position Title: Labourer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$21.00 per hour
Additional pay: Overtime pay
•Extended health care
•Sponsorship for furthering education or training courses
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
GT Mann is an award-winning Victoria-based residential and commercial builder that is growing our team! Our projects range from true high-end, marquee homes that are future landmarks in Victoria to condominium and townhouse projects all around the southern Island. With a large and varied portfolio of work upcoming, and a steadily increasing presence on the island, GT Mann is looking to grow our team and set the stage for our next busy period.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who shares our core values:
- Driven – You are hardworking, have a go-getter attitude, and can get things done.
- Positive – You have a lot of positive energy, you are optimistic, and always find the bright-side in any situation.
- Customer focused – You do what is best for the customer and are always figuring out ways to deliver the most value to them.
- Team oriented – You are dedicated and actively contribute to the team.
As a Labourer, your duties may include: Loading and unloading construction materials, and moving them to work areas. Installing and removing concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks and barricades at construction sites. Mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete and asphalt.
The goal is to contribute to the construction and maintenance of strong and long-lasting buildings and products.
- High School Diploma or GED is an asset
- Completion of or pursuing an apprenticeship program
- Certified Trades Helper/Labourer is an asset
- Experience as a general labourer is a plus
- Familiarity with power tools and machinery is a plus
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Loading and unloading construction materials, and moving them to work areas
- Installing and removing concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks and barricades at construction sites
- Mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete and asphalt
- Assisting heavy equipment operators to secure attachments to equipment
- Assisting in drilling and blasting rock at construction sites
- Removing rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Operating pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers