Old West //
- Designed for an active young family this contemporary design West Coast embraces its environment with a low-profile and natural materials, including cedar board and shake accents, soffit lighting and easy-care landscaping.
- The custom front door opens to a light-filled, two-storey entry, with open-concept main beyond and unique oak-and-glass floating staircase leading to bedrooms upstairs. Expansive windows and skylights welcome natural light and views. Warm tones showcase millwork throughout, including live-edge sliding walnut door, bench seating, floating shelves and cabinetry, fir ceiling and stained beams, complemented by heated, terrazzo-finished concrete floors and fireplace with concrete-look ceramic tile and surround.
- Kitchen features a contemporary mix of polished white, and horizontal grain walnut cabinets and custom range hood, panel-front fridge/freezer, butler’s pantry and large island. West Coast coffered ceiling with skylights highlights dining area and opens directly to covered patio.
- Master features large windows, beams overhead and wide plank white oak underfoot, and an inspired ensuite with walnut vanity, quartz counter, contemporary fixtures, technology-driven shower, separate toilet closet and soaker tub.
- Indoor-outdoor living is easy with protected barbecue area and covered concrete patio, with lighting, speakers and gas fireplace for cozy four-season enjoyment, circular paver patio and firepit, and easy-care recreation areas including children’s play structure echoing the home’s roofline, and putting green.
- Challenging sloped site required significant soil movement, drainage and retaining walls to create family-friendly yard. Efficient details include in-floor radiant heat, high-efficiency heat pumps with heat recovery, Low-E windows with solar shield and Smart Home wiring.